When you’re looking for your next relaxing break, add some fresh mountain air and a serene lake in the Blue Ridge Mountains. Smith Mountain Lake has all you hope for and more to make your next respite as rejuvenating and full of fun as you like. There are several area activities to keep you busy throughout your stay, and you’re bound to hear your stomach rumble while you’re out enjoying the lake and everything the area has to offer. There are plenty of Mariner’s Landing restaurants to help fill your belly and keep you going for more fun and adventure.
Restaurants Near Mariner’s Landing
- If you love delicious food, live music, and a great atmosphere, set sail for Drifter’s. You can pull up to the dock in your boat, or pile in the rental car. Enjoy appetizers like steamed peel ‘n’ eat jumbo shrimp, Bavarian pretzel braid, cheesy bacon chips and more. Choose from a variety of quesadillas, nachos, tacos, and wraps, or go for a salad, burger, or sandwich. If you pulled up in your boat, keep the theme an try the Pirate Panini – a marinated and grilled sashimi-grade ahi tuna with provolone, bourbon bacon, and wasabi aioli on Texas toast. For a bigger appetite, go for the Optimus Prime burger – a one-pound double stack of single-ground blend of USDA Prime ribeye, tenderloin, and sirloin grilled to order on a buttered and grilled brioche bun (no Transformer included). Bring your pup along for the fun and order a water bowl and half or whole pound portion of chopped chicken or beef. Make sure to check the event and entertainment calendar before heading in, as you might catch live music or entertainment while you eat.
Vinny’s Italian Grill & Pizzeria
- Those visitors looking for authentic and fresh Italian food, make sure to grab a bite at Vinny’s. Start with the mozzarella sticks, fried calamari, or bruschetta, or go for a salad or soup. There are a variety of calzones, Stromboli, and main dishes like baked spaghetti, fettuccine alfredo, four-cheese ravioli, and other Italian favorites. If you’re looking for a quick bite, try an Italian hoagie, hot Sicilian sub, or other sandwich. If you’re craving pizza, try one of their specialty pizzas like margherita pizza, seafood pizza, or create your own from a myriad of toppings including pepperoni, ham, onions, olives, and more.
Old Oak Cafe
- When you need a good meal to start your day before heading out to the lake or another adventure, make sure to stop here first. Choose from traditional breakfast fare like toast, eggs, pancakes, French toast, and Belgian waffles. Add toppings like pecans, blueberries, or chocolate chips to make things extra tasty, or try a specialty pancake. Build your own omelet with a selection of cheeses and options like diced bacon, ham, tomato, spinach, and more. Add fried potatoes, hash brown casserole, grits, or fried apples for a complete meal. If you’re looking for something quick, choose oatmeal, a cheese Danish, or seasonal fresh fruit. Come back a little later for offerings like burgers, sandwiches, salads, and dinner items like chicken tenders, steak, fish & chips, and more. These dishes may have limited availability due to the shortened hours. There is a kids’ menu with smaller bites for younger guests, too. Finish the meal with apple, cherry, blueberry, or pecan pie, or a heavenly slice of New York cheesecake. There are also various seasonal desserts to choose from. Hours are Monday-Saturday 7 a.m. – 2 p.m. and Sunday 8 a.m. – 2 p.m.
Ice Cream Cottage
- After a hot day out on the water or just for a sweet treat any time of day, ice cream is a fan favorite. Located in nearby Moneta, they have all sorts of icy cold treats for everyone to enjoy. Traditional flavors like chocolate and vanilla join specialty snacks like banana splits, sundaes, and more. Enjoy in cones, bowls, or ask about larger quantities to take back to your rental to enjoy after a delicious home-cooked meal.
- Besides these nearby restaurants, you can also visit the restaurants located directly at Mariner’s Landing. Currently, you can find The Landing and Bottles and Bites, but there will also be a new addition to the lineup opening this fall at the country club.
Delicious Bites at Smith Mountain Lake
- You came to Smith Mountain Lake for some much-needed rest and relaxation and chose Mariner’s Landing for your ultimate spot for some Virginia lakeside escapes with a little fun and excitement along the way. Before you plan all of your great adventures and activities, make sure to book a Mariner’s Landing vacation rental with Premier Vacation Rentals Smith Mountain Lake. From a cozy two-bedroom home for a small family or sweetheart getaway to a four-bedroom home for a larger family or group, there’s a vacation home that will meet your needs and style. Challenge yourself to duplicating the delicious dishes at the local restaurants in your rental’s fully equipped kitchen. Spread out into an open living area, or retreat to a private bedroom. No matter what you’re looking for, there’s a vacation rental that’s perfect for you.
- Call us today to start planning your getaway!